Sunday 1 May 2011

Me in Grade 12



As I noted in my last post, the music played at the Pixies show when the Pixies and Imaginary Cities were not playing was worth its own post. I don't know how they pick the stuff they play like this. I have read that the artists involved often pick this stuff or maybe they just leave it up to the sound guy - I don't know. But the selection at that show was weirdly appropriate. I got into the Pixies just as I was finishing High School and everything played that night fit so perfectly into my tastes at that time. As i stated several times that night - I felt like an old mix tape of mine was stolen for the night - songs by The Clash, The Cure, Depeche Mode, David Bowie that were all favourites of a 17 year old me. The image above is from a mix tape I made in 2001 based on my memory of a mixtape I made in probably 1990. If you can read it you can see the eerie similarities (click the image to see more closely). 

No comments:

Post a Comment