Monday 9 May 2011

The List


I bought a couple of CDs today.  I almost always purchase CDs from "The List" which is my ongoing list of albums I'm planning on getting. Right now most of my list is reissues, remasters - ways of rebuying stuff I already have. The List is organized by artist so each artist represents sometimes several albums, especially those ones where I'm planning on getting several remasters - New Order, Kraftwerk, Brian Eno. When making a purchase several factors come into play - am I seeing them live soon? Like Sloan whose new album I have to pick up soon (tomorrow?) because I'm seeing them in less than a month. Also, I tend toward new purchases because I'm more excited about them. Like the James Blake album everyone is talking about and I'm looking forward to hearing tomorrow. Yet another factor is whether the artist in question has more than one item on the list - if they only have one I get to remove them from the list. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment