Saturday 30 April 2011

Cool Band T-Shirt Contest



A little game I play at concerts, mostly to pass the time in the pre-show standing around time, is what I call the Cool Band T-shirt Contest. How it works is this: when you come to show that I attend, if you choose to attend wearing a Cool Band T-shirt, I will judge you. If you wear the coolest of cool band T-shirts you may win! And what is your prize? Well, mostly the respect and admiration of your peers (fellow music geeks), which may, if you happen to be fortunate enough, get expressed with a glance and a nod, perhaps even a muttered "Cool shirt. You see them?" Now, as you may have figured out, I went to the Pixies Doolittle show tonight. Yes, it was awesome. I may share more in a future post, I may even devote an entire post to the music that played before the opening act, between them and the Pixies, and after the show. Although I didn't have time to properly judge the Cool Band T-shirt Contest tonight because the show started promptly on time, I think I won! Not only did I get more than one glance and nod in the direction of my TV on the Radio Hoodie, I got an enthusiastic "That is awesome! I love that!" from a fellow music fan.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just testing the comments feature to see if it works, because I've been told there are issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, where's the "like" button? (that was also my other comment)
    Ines

    ReplyDelete
  3. No "like" button but feel free to "share" on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete