Friday 13 May 2011

Rewarding Myself


This week I was at a conference for various post-secondary helping professionals. In one session we were asked what e find rewarding - we had to sort cards with various rewards/motivators on them. I audibly laughed at the idea that food might motivate me. Some of the things I do find rewarding were things like getting the job done, crossing things off of a list, the feeling of accomplishment. The ones I really liked were things like free time, money etc. - basically things that allow me to buy or listen to more music. Thing is, when I really think about it, I rarely do this. I buy and listen whenever I can, not as a reward for work I need to do or after a difficult project is done. I don't know if I did a good job of being at the conference but I did pick up a couple of CDs - Sloan and The Strokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment